So real it . . . sweats!
Lace up you hightops and get psyched for a fast breaking, in-your-face, full court, 5-on-5 pro basketball simulation that looks exactly like a network broadcast. TV Sports: Basketball gives you total control over an entire squad, including player substitutions and strategic double teaming. Your skills as player and coach will receive their ultimate test as sudden shifts in momentum and fatigue take their toll. Go head-to-head against another human or face an awesome computer opponent. You’ll marvel at the Cinemaware quality animation and graphics; real arcade action on offensive and defensive; individual and team statistics; even the post season playoffs! TV Sports: Basketball is truly Phi Slamma Jamma of basketball simulations!
- Create a league with up to 28 human controlled franchises
- Each team features unique offensive and defensive strategies
- Play a tight man-to-man or double team your opponents’ star
- Play it as an arcade game or coach from the sidelines
- Play alone, against a friend, or with a friend against the computer
One of the Very First Basketball Computer Games I’ve played that featured a detailed league and team stats. This game is memorable as the one that thought me how the Hexadecimal System as we were cracking the code to change our player’s statistics. Gameplay and graphics would be a bit dated now but it’s fun to note that NBA Live’s first edition: Lakers vs. Celtics, was no match to this gem of a basketball game.